Game 109: Dragon Dice

In the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, I thought we would be playing far more games.  Perhaps I should say that I thought that at this time of pandemic that we would be making good progress through the uncounted games on our shelves, but this has not been the case.  We've been doing a reasonable amount of gaming, but it's mostly been just a few favorites (that I've already posted about).  Maybe games are like food in some sense, and just as there is comfort food there are "comfort games."  Despite it being pretty new to us, the game we've been addicted to in recent months is Quacks of Quedlinburg.  Since we're not playing our way through the uncounted games right now, I thought I'd put up a post or two of games on our shelves that I just can't get rid of but that for some reason or other are not exactly playable to us currently.  One of these is Dragon Dice.
 I was drawn to this game immediately, as there is very little in life that I find more beautiful than cool dice with a fantasy theme!  I think I bought these in the late 1990s or early 2000s, but soon after getting started with this I couldn't find them for sale anywhere, though I imagine I could find them on the Internet now.  I kinda played this game once with a gamer friend who kinda knew how to play.  We didn't really have enough dice, and we didn't really know the rules, so  .  .  .  it has sat on my shelves ever since.  Maybe someday I'll add more dice to my collection and see if I can find someone to play with, but that won't be anytime soon.  For now they are still on the shelf, but they are jammed way in the back.  Can you see the yellow bag between Saboteur and Starfarers of Catan?
 Here they are - along with some other back-of-the shelf games in our collection.
 Other than not having someone to play with (David wouldn't be into it, and I don't think the boys want to take on a new collectible game), there's the issue of space.  The picture below is of part of my collection of Magic the Gathering cards, which lives in my clothes closet.  Most shelves here have more boxes behind the boxes.  At least collectible cards are paper thin! Imagine how much space an equivalent number of dice would take up! With our family shelves and my personal shelves already packed I'm not sure where I'd find room for a sufficiently large collection of dice.
And yet, with something this beautiful  .  .  .
  .  .  .  I may yet find a way  .  .  .  I may yet find a way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan