BONUS: Game Night with the Kirk Family

 We were so excited to have a long weekend, which gave us time to game with our dear friends the Kirks.  I knew it had been far too long, but as I just now checked I see that it's been EIGHT MONTHS, which is just a ridiculously long time to go without playing games together!  I really love the fact that they involve their kids in serious gaming!  David said to me on the drive home, "I guess the jumped right over Chutes and Ladders, didn't they?"  YEP!  What you see above is a game called My First Carcassonne, and I'm sure I had as much fun playing it as the kids did.  Below is the stack of kid games that were brought out.  Carcassonne is the one in the bag.
 I think Owen was pretty ready for us to get on to playing Carcassonne.  He looks quite eager as we are yet finishing up My First Stone Age with older brother Levi.
 Below are a couple of pics of My First Stone Age, which also plays quite well.

 Finally we got to My First Carcassonne, as you see in the three shots below:


 It is so rare for us to go out, and we no longer have kids as home, so David and I hadn't had a chance to play our new game No Thanks, which we learned about in December from our new friend Adam.  It can't be played by just two, so we'd been waiting.  This game will be the subject of my next post.  I'll let you guess from the next picture how David did in the first round.
 And then it was on to Kingdomino, which has been a huge favorite for us and our family for months.  It's a game the Kirks introduced us to last year, and it was good to play it together again.

 Bonkers was a new game to us, but, obviously, not a new game (1978).  It truly was BONKERS!  At first glance, I didn't think I'd be too impressed, but after getting into play I felt like I wanted to try it again once I had a sense of the sorts of "situations" that could be created.  (To some degree the board is being built as you play.)

 And then it was on to Jamaica, which we'd played with them last time we got together.  I really like this game, and we don't have it yet, so  .  .  .

Both families had talked about wanting to play Forbidden Sky.  We both own it, but it's a new game to both of us.  Mine was a gift to me from Ocean this Christmas.  It didn't work out this time - hopefully next time - and hopefully next time is sooner than 8 months away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan