BONUS: Games of the Season

This post contains photos of the games we played during our family time over the Christmas holiday - other than the games that I've posted about individually already.  There are ten games listed here - if I count our jigsaw puzzle as a game: Tetris, Charty Party, Saboteur, Magic the Gathering, Jigsaw Puzzle, Avalon, Decktective: The Gaze of the Ghost, Sagrada (with new expansion), Just One, and Concept.  I love the variety of types of games that we enjoy together.  This post will be mostly pictures with a little bit of text.  The first game, Tetris, was a Christmas gift to Brianna from Caleb.  It was found to be highly enjoyable but with just a little wrinkle in that it's hard to see the colored marks needed for scoring on the frames after the pieces have been placed. 

The second game is Charty Party, which Caleb brought over from Tim's house.  It's a lot like Apples to Apples, and it generated a lot of laughter.


Game three, Saboteur, is an oldie but a goodie.



This was a day for multiple events at the same time.  A jigsaw puzzle was being worked on at one end of the table, and a draft of Caleb's Magic cube was being done at the other.  These days it's usually just me and Caleb cubing, so to have four of us together to draft was very cool!!
Here we've drafted and are building our decks.  

Declan and Maleah got in on the action.

I had an awesome combo in my opening hand and would have been able to crush Caleb within very few turns with this, but he had a counter spell, Force of Will, in his hand that shut me down.  I had a hard time getting over that!


Declan and Maleah really made their way around the table sampling all the activities.

Avalon is a bit of a favorite.

I recently posted about another Decktective deck.  Jacob has gotten us into these, and we really enjoy them.  We did a lot better with this one than with our first game - though it was more than just the two of us playing.


Caleb gave us as a family the 5-6 player expansion for Sagrada as a Christmas gift, which meant we were all able to play together (me, David, Anthony, Brianna, Jacob and Caleb).  I may have to do a separate post for this one, as it is now on our shelves and the expansion is more than just extra boards and extra dice but includes new cards and other items as well.

I won big time, and I am going to "toot my own horn," as my grandmother used to call it, because I very rarely win games around here!!
Tonight was "family night," so my parents and brother were here as well as the SoCal family members and Jacob and Caleb.  Just One is a great party game that everyone can join in on and that is very enjoyable for everyone.
For each of the following sets of clues can you tell what word was the answer?

Concept is another "family gift" from Caleb, and at this point I only have a picture of the box.  I may have to do a separate post on this as well, since it is now also "on our shelves."  We played this a bit at the house and also with friends on New Year's Eve.

That's it for now, so Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan