Game 129: Kings Cribbage

 

I remember the excitement I felt when I came across an advertisement for this game decades ago.  It was obviously the perfect birthday gift for David, and, since gifting isn't my "love language," it was nice to know I had a good idea for once!  We used to play this quite a lot, and I think we only moved away from it as our boys got old enough to play sophisticated board games, at which point those became our focus.  David and I both love Cribbage, and we like Scrabble -- especially Fast Scrabble; this game, being a combination of those two, was perfect for us.  It had been years since we had played, so we needed to do a quick refresh on some details of the rule book.  It was nice being able to play outside, spring finally having really "sprung."

Below is my starting hand:
The board near the beginning of the game:
No matter what game we play David needs a lot of time to contemplate each move deeply.
It was nice to have beautiful surroundings to enjoy as David did his contemplating.


The board nearer the end of the game.  David seemed to pull quite far into the lead in the beginning, but I got bonus points twice for using 5 tiles of the same color, so that helped me catch up.  He still won by a few points, but it was a close game.  I guess all his contemplation plays off  .  .  .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan