Game 113: Dominoes

I don't know that we'd ever played standard Dominos with this set.  I know we've played the Mexican Train version of dominoes and that years ago we went through a short phase where we were pretty hooked on that.  I had played standard Dominos (or seen it played) at my grandfather's house when I was a kid.  Yesterday, Caleb, who had just learned Dominos from friends at a youth leadership retreat, asked if we wanted to play.  This was a fun game to relearn.  Classics always appeal to me!  (And the dominoes have such a good feel to them as well.)  Though this is a double-15 set, we played only a double-6 version.  We had to use a double-15 as a double-1, however, since I took a domino to my office as a demo for a math problem, and it has stayed there ever since.  If you pay attention as you look at the pictures, you'll see a double-15 where a double-1 should be.  Other than this, I'm mostly going to let the pictures speak for themselves, as I imagine this classic game is quite well known!

I don't know that I'd ever seen proper scoring.  This was pretty fun to learn.  David is usually our score-keeper, and he's a very meticulous one at that, but he was out biking when Caleb and I played the first game.  He joined in on the third and was trying to figure out what the marks meant, which was a pretty good game in and of itself!
I won both games, BTW, which is a pretty rare event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan