Game 110: War of the Ring


I never give up on a game.  This one has been on my shelf (in 6 different houses now) for FORTY-TWO YEARS!  I bought it when I was in junior high.  I don't even know how I was able to afford it.  I must have saved every penny of my babysitting money for a very long time.  I was a fanatic about all things Tolkien, and so I had to have this game.  It has never been played.  It's gorgeous, and it's in nearly mint condition.  I simply didn't know any gamers when I was that age.  I was not able to figure it out on my own, and even if I had been, I would have had no one to play it with.  Despite all that, it was important enough to me to have this that I spent what was probably all the money I had on this game when I was a kid.  Someday I hope to play it, and despite the fact that I haven't done so yet, after 42 years there it certainly deserves to be counted as a game on my shelf!
 Obviously it was the 1970s, and obviously I wanted everyone to know this was MINE, so I used a "Label Maker" in order to stick my name onto the game.
 Here are all the parts:
 I LOVE the map!
 Look at how clean and new it is!


Here are the fronts and backs of some of the cards:
 A close look at the back of Elrond's card:
 Here are the pieces.
 And a closer look at the pieces -
 I am a known pack-rat, so I even still have the cardboard scrap.  It fits in the box, so why not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan