Game 107: Clue

 Here's another "oldie-but-goodie" that we pulled off the shelf recently.  This game, Clue, received a rather different reception that did our other recent "oldie-but-goodie," Yahtzee.  This is one our boys hadn't been SUCH fans of in the past but after giving it another try it is now considered better than they'd thought.  This is the granddaddy of all sleuthing games, and I think one of our boys suggested playing it because they were in the mood for a murder mystery.  (Uh-oh, maybe we've been on lock-down together in the same house too long during this time of pandemic!!)  The goal of this game is to determine the murder weapon, the murder location, and the identity of the murderer - all three of which are pictures on the cards randomly placed into the confidential case file seen below.  Players are dealt cards, which give them pieces of information, and then a time of question and answer and note-taking and logical deduction ensues.
 Here's what the overall set-up looks like.

 At one point the Billiard Room got quite busy!
 Here's my spot at the table.  I was just about ready to make an accusation.  I knew who the murderer was and what the murder weapon was, but I wasn't close enough to make a guess at the location.
 I think it was Caleb who made the accusation and won the game. Jacob was ready with the correct information as well, but Caleb's turn came before Jacob's  .  .  .
It was Professor Plum with a revolver in the Hall!

It's always hard when labeling my posts to know when to give something a "classic" label.  Chess and Go and Nine Men's Morris and Backgammon are shoe-ins for classic status.  Yahtzee and Clue are borderline in my mind.  I ended up labeling Yahtzee a classic, but I haven't done so for Clue.  Perhaps I should - any thoughts on that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan