BONUS: Gaming at Ross's

 I had fun playing a nice selection of games this afternoon [actually two weeks ago now that I'm finally getting around to finishing the post!] with math department colleagues and friends.  I also just like being at Ross's house, as his house is filled with both things I love most: books and games, books and games!  I arrived a bit late, and they were already playing The Red Dragon Inn (which is not - yet - on our shelves).  It looks like a pretty fun game, but I don't know if my family would go for a game based on drinking.  I may see if Ross will let me borrow it so we can give it a try.
We also played Dominion, which is the game I took along.  It's a game that I love and that we used to play all the time as a family.  I'm not sure if it's that we just played it way too much or if it's that Caleb has developed a killer strategy that leaves the rest of us just waiting  .  .  .  and waiting  .  .  .  to lose.  I was really glad to have a chance to play again and to be able to count this one (in my next post) as a game on our shelves.
Later Ross hauled out some Magic decks: Commander.  I played green, as usual, well, actually blue/green because that's what the pre-made was.  It was good to be playing Magic again.  That too used to be a very regular event at home and isn't anymore.  It kind of felt like "going home" again!


Our game day was in early October, and Ross's wife Kellie being the awesome decorator that she is had a lovely Halloween theme going on.  I was particularly enamored of the ravens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan