Game 94: Choose Your Own Adventure - House of Danger

 In over 90 games it hadn't happened that I wasn't involved in play, but I gave my first set of midterm tests this past week and have been grading most of the weekend.  I just walked into the living room to find Jacob and Caleb playing this game from our shelves that we had not yet played.  As I post this, they are still playing, and I can hear them taking turns reading paragraphs from the adventure as they make decisions together.  It looks and sounds good.  I may request this as one to play next time I get a break!  (Caleb just drew a card and shouted out, "We found an alien notebook!")  The picture below is of the layout they've got going on in the living room: 
 Any game that has a "Danger Meter" and a "Psychic Scale" has got to be good!

 The picture cards below are premonition cards - something else that sounds very appealing to me.
Alas, after this short post, I return to my planning, now that my grading is finished.  I do hope to make good progress and to get a chance to play Qwirkle tonight, which my family also played this weekend without me  .  .  .

How is it that after 32 years of teaching my job is getting harder instead of easier?  (Government interference and not letting teachers be the professionals that they are - that's part of it!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan