Game 76: Can't Stop Express

 After the ridiculously long time period of three weeks we finally played another game!  Much more time away and I may have gone through withdrawals - or maybe I have been experiencing withdrawal, and that's why I haven't been feeling well lately!  Either way, I'm thankful the game-drought has ended!  The game Can't Stop Express was a recent Christmas gift to me from David.  He hadn't been able to find the large, board-game version (at least not at a reasonable price) so he read-up on this version of it and decided to go for it.  I must say that when I first opened the box today I was quite underwhelmed, particularly because I had played the board-game version previously.  This version is just 5 dice, directions, and a score-pad.  OK  .  .  .
 Above is what I opened today; below is the board game version that our friends the Kirks introduced us to.  As you can imagine, I felt that a lot was missing!
 So we "rolled our dice and moved our mice" - well, no, there were no mice involved, but we rolled our dice and filled in our score sheets, and we found this game incredibly addictive!  We had other things to do today, so we only played two round of it this afternoon, but we are going to pick it up again tonight!
 I'm frequently embarrassed, given that I'm a mathematician, that I don't typically immediately dominate in games of this nature - involving probability and risk management.  Alas  .  .  .  at least we both improved.  I think I get the trophy for most improved!  (Yes, the initial scores are indeed -1050 to 80.)


We were both hungering for gaming today, so David grabbed another game off the shelves, one we haven't played in a LONG time.  A game from our childhoods that was reasonably popular in its day, a game that is mainly a game of logic.  Any guesses as to what that game might be?  You'll see in the next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan