Game 59: Cathedral

 Cathedral is a game from early in our marriage.  I love anything that has to do with medieval times, castles or cathedrals, and I love anything that's as beautifully hand-crafted as this, especially of wood.  And, as I've mentioned so many times before, David is really good at games of territory, which this is, so I certainly always know I'm going to be challenged and more than challenged, which is fine with me.  David did win the first game 8 to 0, but we did tie in the second and final game.
 The first piece to be played is the cathedral, which is a neutral piece.
 You may play pieces anywhere, but one goal is to claim territory by connecting edges of the board - at which point you are the only person allowed to play in the claimed space, and if one (and only one) of your opponents pieces ended up in space you claimed, then that piece is removed and returned to that player.  It can be played again in a legal space, but it basically amounts to losing a turn, which is devastating in this game.  That happened to me once in the first game.

 It's kind of fun to watch the medieval city grow.
This was the result after the first game, in which I had pieces worth 8 (4 and 4, based on the number of squares they would cover on the board) left over.  Again, not a big surprise given David prowess at games of territory, so it felt especially good to me to be able to achieve a tie in game two!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan