Game 27: Ticket to Ride

 David and Caleb and I squeezed in a game today before Caleb had to leave town.  He and David have been playing Ticket to Ride the last couple of days while I've been in class.  It was nice to finally get a chance to play with them.  We don't play this game a whole lot, but we have had periods of time where we have played it day after day.  It's very enjoyable and never gets old.  In the next few pictures I show what comes in the box, what the board looks like and what some of the cards are like.  The goal is to get the most points by doing such things as claiming long sections of railway, completing your goals (as shown on cards), and ending up with the longest continuous train/railway.


 Though you need to think clearly in order to play well, there is an element of luck in terms of what cards you draw that give you your goals for building (above).  As you can see below, some cities have two tracks open between them, and others only have one available track, so things can get quite competitive if you are building in the same area as someone else.


David is definitely a deep thinker when it comes to games!

 Below is the finished board (thought points hadn't been counted off yet).  With this bunch of folks that I play with there's some pretty fierce competition, and I generally just play casually and for fun rather than giving it as much thought as David does, so I often lose.  Today I won by a landslide (green train), and since that is a rare event I am not going to hold back from tooting my own horn!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan