Game 10: Jaipur

For years David and I had been used to a five-person household, but somewhat recently we've moved into the season of life where our kids have become young adults, are heading off the college and so on - in other words, we're moving into empty-nesting phase.  Other than the fact that we miss our kids, one of the hardest adjustments has been going from years of playing games with 4 or 5 people to trying to remember what games we used to play when it was just the two of us.  One of our kids took pity on us and purchased the 2-player game of Jaipur as a gift, and I've been really impressed with it.
 The idea of the game is that you are a trader whose goal is to become the personal trader for the Maharajah by becoming richer than your opponent.  This game actually does make me feel like I'm having to make decisions as a trader would.  Do I go for big pay-offs quickly by going for gold or rubies, or do I spend time collecting more of an item and therefore get a bonus token?  When should I increase my camel herd, which gives me more options to pick up more goods, and when is the right time to sell and when is the right time to buy?
 The most important element of a game is how well it plays, of course, but I do like it when the artwork is well-done and is rendered in such a way that it helps you get into the story of the game.  This is definitely a winner in our book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan