Game 6: Blink

 We've had a couple of days away from games, as we've been up in Redding, CA helping our oldest son and his family pack up to move.  This morning we had a few minutes in the hotel room before it was time to head over and pack some more, so David and I decided to play Blink.
 This game was the perfect choice for this morning, as it is SO FAST!  We hadn't played it in years and so had to read the rules again.  It is simply a matter of setting out two cards to form the base of the stacks that will be played on, dealing out the entire rest of the deck evenly between the two players, and each player drawing 3 cards from his deck.  Players then play cards on either of the two piles by matching color or number or shape.  As you play cards you replenish your hand up to 3.  The first person who plays all their cards wins.
It almost seems to easy to be taken seriously at all, but I realized partway through that though you have to go super fast, some careful thinking is helpful - because you might be able to play 2 or all 3 cards if you play your cards in one order rather than another order.  David creamed me in the first two rounds - leaving me with about 5 cards in my stack and 3 in my hand each time.  But in the third round I seem to have automatically picked up some strategy and was left with only the 3 cards in my hand.  It seems almost too simple, but there is some subtle strategy, and we were both left breathless and laughing at the end of the third round.

We definitely had to play again.  I know I can beat him!! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan