Game 5: Dungeons and Dragons - Wrath of Ashardalon

Well, this one wasn't on the shelf until yesterday!  With Uncle Dave in town we've been conversing about our shared interest in gaming, and I mentioned how when I was in my early teens I wanted to learn to play Dungeons and Dragons.  Back in the day I didn't know anyone who played.  I did buy a rule book and started constructing my own dungeon on graph paper (still have it!), but that didn't really get me anywhere.  I expressed to him how I wished we had lived closer together at that time so I could have learned from him  .  .  .  then, while he was out and about yesterday, he bought me this game so we could make up for lost time!  How sweet is that?!
Since it's a D&D board game, you don't need a Dungeon Master.  The game is basically the DM, and the players are in a cooperative venture to beat it.  He and Jacob and I are playing Adventure 2: "Monster Hunt."  Lots of punching out and setting up was done for our first adventure.
 Just call me Keyleth.  Of course I'm playing the Elf Paladin!



POST SCRIPT


After our game tonight I pulled my binder of childhood D&D attempts out of the bottom of my closet. I had bought dice (that you had to paint yourself in order for the numbers to show), had tried reading the manual, had character sheets, and had begun drawing a map for the adventure.  My binder contained all of this as well as a pencil-holder with pencil, eraser and protractor for my map drawing.  So, as you can see, tonight things came full circle for me!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BONUS: Special Events - CMC^3 and Thanksgiving

Game 4: Huggermugger

Game 118: Cities and Knights of Catan